Tuesday, January 23, 2018

Repairing A Cracked Stanley #4 Plane





I've been told I'm stubborn. I tend to do things just to prove they can be done. That probably is the reason behind silver soldering together a cracked Stanley #4 plane.
Silver Solder is a relatively low temp alloy of tin, silver, and copper. The process took a lot longer than just this playlists worth of work. Claiming the torch repair as part of the work on the plane would be inaccurate.
I was able to get the body back in one piece and fairly straight. This is a video series of what I had to do to get it back to working condition.
If you want to see how I did the soldering you can watch another playlist.
Blow Torch Blowout https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLXlq5qGw1pepMI6wabuQOeF0JFZIIHZVT

No comments:

Post a Comment