Sunday, October 7, 2012

Branching out into new things.




Youtube setup.

10-7-11
I’ve been on Youtube for about a year and a half. The first video was Salvaging a Wood Auger. It was posted on February 28th 2011.  http://youtu.be/FO5ZRy_dnNM
During that time the channel has logged 11804 views.
I joined up with AdSense about 6 months ago. Because after reading the fine print for the fifth time, I thought it was a plan for having my own ads on the channel I didn’t do the final steps. About a month ago I did some more research read the fine print for the 10th time and finally got all linked with the program.
On October 1st 2012 AdSense reported my first dividend.  $0.17. I won’t retire on it but I’m now a paid videographer.
It’s a learning process. I’ve been making changes as I learn more.
     a. Can’t have anything on the video that I don’t own or have full rights to.
     b. Spreading out the types of videos doesn’t bring in more views.
  1. I’m trying to tap a bigger audience but the tool tutorial style seems to be the biggest draws.
  2. It’s best to have links to other websites. Each time I mention one of the videos on Old tools or someone mentions one on Sawmillcreek forum I get a spike in views.

10-7-11
Linked the channel to my blog and my Facebook page. We'll see how this turns out.

No comments:

Post a Comment